Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Budget and Wishes: January

So...I'm just going to cut it to you straight.
I'm a teacher and my husband is a medical student.
We have a modest income...but nothing too fancy.
We splurge on expensive nice things every now and then.
(like for special occasions...anniversary, birthdays, Christmas, etc.)
Other than that...we rarely pay full price for something.
I love a good deal.  Sales are my friend.
I also loooove shopping and don't really love sticking to a budget.
One of my goals for this blog is to remix items that I already own.
Another goal...is to hold myself accountable for my budget.  
Here goes nothing...

Technically, my January budget was $0.
(My sweet husband gave me extra money to hit the after Christmas sales with my sister, 
so we made a deal that I wouldn't buy anything in January.)
However, I'm not very good with $0, so I cheated a little.
I only purchased 2 things and technically only spent about $15.

1. Pearl Necklace from Target = $20.  (purchased on sale with a gift card...so $0)
2. Maxi Check Shirt from J.Crew Outlet = $35.  (purchased with $20 cash from a return...so $15)

I'm going to go ahead and say that I did pretty good this month.  
I spent a total of $15 from our bank account.
Not too shabby.
{As you can see, I'm pretty good at justifying my purchases.}


With my February budget, I want to get a pair of colored skinnies.  
Here are a few for inspiration...
Old Navy - Russet Brown
Old Navy - Saucy Red
Forever 21 - Green
Gap - Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment