Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fashion Inspiration: Inherited



shirt: Kohl's, cardigan: J.Crew Outlet, necklace: vintage (inherited), watch: New York & Co., bracelet: vintage (inherited)

My husband's family is big on family heirlooms.  
We have inherited some amazing pieces of furniture, silver, crystal, and...for me, jewelry.
{including my engagement and wedding ring...talk about blessed!}

This beaded black necklace belonged to my husband's grandmother.
She was a very stylish lady...from the stories that I've heard.
Unfortunately, I was only able to meet her twice.  
I love the simple class and elegance of this piece.  
I imagine that was exactly how my husband's grandmother was...classy and elegant.  
It brings me great joy to know that I can be associated with a woman of such caliber.
{even if it's just through a simple piece of jewelry}

1 comment:

  1. i adore inherited jewelry! i wear hand-me-downs from my mom and grandmother whenever possible. it's chic and so personal to have wear a special heirloom :)

    ReplyDelete