Monday, February 6, 2012

Fashion Inspiration: Black and Brown



dress: Gap, cardigan: Banana Republic Outlet, scarf: Target, tights: Target, boots: Arturo Chiang (from Dillard's)

I'm a rule follower.
So black and brown used to be a big no-no for me.
Until...I got these gorgeous boots and I saw how well they went with black tights, black leggings, black jeans...you get the point.
Once again, good 'ol Pinterest showed me this beautiful outfit that I just had to recreate.
I winterized it a bit with tights and boots...however, I would love to try it with bare legs and sandals come spring.

{picture from Pinterest here}

On another note...
I received one of the biggest compliments a girl can get today.
My beautiful friend, Patti (who inspires me to be fashionable), sent me a nice little text message.
She found my layered pearl necklace that I love at her local Target and she wanted to know if it would  "bother" me if she bought it.
Ummm...Patti...no way!  It doesn't bother me at all.
As a matter of fact, it would bring me nothing put complete happiness if you would purchase it for yourself.
Enjoy the beauty and class of that gorgeous necklace.  
And if we ever happen to wear it to the same event...I will smile and say...
"That's right people.  We have the same necklace, because we are awesome like that!"

Patti, thanks for always being so supportive and encouraging.
And for helping me accomplish my lofty DIY projects.
I really enjoy having you as a friend and I'm so thankful for Peru.

No comments:

Post a Comment