Friday, January 27, 2012

Lessons Learned

"Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others.  
Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.  
Don't look out only for your own interests, but take interest in others, too.  
You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had."  
Philippians 2:3-5


It's amazing what can happen when we take the time to just open our Bibles.
Too many times, I am guilty of being too tired, too busy, too whatever...to take the time.
But it is in those moments...when I'm too whatever...that I need it most.
It is in those moments when I need to stop and refocus my priorities.

I feel like this week just came tumbling down, because I didn't have my priorities straight.
You would think that I would have figured it out sooner...since it actually started last week.
But no...poor me...7 crappy days in a row and I'm the victim.
How could I have been so blinded?
I had become selfish and self-seeking...and miserable!
I'd lost my joy.
I was talking the talk, but struggling to walk the walk.

So you can imagine my disbelief when my Bible fell open to Philippians 2 and I found the above verses underlined.
 (from when I had read them long ago)
And as I read those 3 short verses with fresh eyes...I thought...
"Oh my.  That's me.  How has that become me?"
How embarrassing!  That is far from who I want to be.

So...I'm considering this a lesson learned.
And...with the help of my wonderful Savior...I'm picking myself up and moving forward.
(I'm so thankful for a God of grace, mercy and second chances.)
Most importantly...I'm refocusing my priorities.

Number one on the list...start each day in the Word.
(You heard that husband...it's really going to happen this time...it has to.)
As much as I love sleep, I need to make time to start my day off right.

I can already tell that today is going to be 100 times better than the last 7...
(and that's not just because I took the day off, either)
...it's because I started the day off the best way possible...
in God's Word.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad God gave you revelation about what you were going through. I'm inspired by your re-committment to align your priorities in the right order and start the day with the Word. How's it been going so far?
    Love you! And you go girl!
    ~Danielle

    ReplyDelete