Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fashion Inspiration: Pink & Red

red shirt: J.Crew Outlet, pink polo: Ralph Lauren Outlet, pants: Target

necklace: Target, watch: Michael Kors

I've seen pink and red together on a lot of fashion blogs over the past several months.
Every time I saw the color combination, I automatically thought...Valentine's Day.
Until I saw this outfit on Brighton the Day...

{picture from Brighton's post here}

Love at first sight!  
And that is when I knew I needed to try pink & red together.
At first, I was so excited to try it.  I have all of these pieces in my closet.
Pink button-down shirt. Check.
Red cardigan. Check.
 Score.  

I was going to recreate this inspiration outfit.  Easy.  
And then I started putting the outfit together and trying it on...

Not good.  Not good at all.  
The red was too dark.  
The pink was too salmon-y.  
The shirt was too short for the cardigan.  
Fail.

My first thought was..."oh well, guess I won't be recreating this outfit."
Then I started thinking of pieces I needed to buy to make it work.
No. No. No. 
I reminded myself that this isn't about creating a list of things to buy.  
It's about recreating with pieces in my closet and mixing my clothes in new ways.

So...I looked through every piece of red and pink clothing I own...
...and...
...I found the perfect shade of pink and the perfect shade of red.
Only it was a polo and a tee shirt.  
I started layering the two...added a chunky necklace...and...voila!
Somehow it worked!

Oh and don't you love the pictures taken outside in natural light! 
So thankful that my wonderful husband took my pictures today.  :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Soooo cute! I love it! And the pics look great, props to Jason!
    Love you girl,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete