Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fashion Inspiration: Refashioned!

cardigan: LOFT, shirt: American Eagle, scarf: gift, pants: American Eagle (refashioned!), boots: Gap Outlet

I learned a new word last week.  Refashion.
{refashioned - when you change a piece of clothing that you don't love into something that you do}
Genius!

With the help of 2 tutorials from Pinterest (yes. 2 tutorials. one has awesome directions and the other has awesome pictures) and my friend, Patti...I changed these pants from an awkward fitting bootcut to a cute & comfy skinny.

                                                       Before...                                      After...
          

I am VERY happy with the end result.
I told my husband..."I got a new pair of pants and I didn't even spend any money!" 
He liked that a lot.  I also think that he was impressed with my mad sewing skills.
By "mad sewing skills," I mean it took me 4 hours to alter these pants.  haha.  
There was a lot of trial and error that went into the whole process.  
I'm sure that I'll be much faster next time.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed you altered those pants by yourself! They look great!

    ReplyDelete