Monday, January 16, 2012

Fashion Inspiration: Simple

Shirt: Banana Republic, Jeans: American Eagle, Scarf: Target, Boots: Gap Outlet

Boring.  That was the title I was going to use for this outfit.  
Then right before I wrote it...I realized that I didn't like it at all.  It was negative.  Too negative.
This outfit may not be elaborate and fancy...but it's still cute and has some interesting components.
It's not boring...it's simple.
More importantly...it's comfortable and I feel good in it.

These thoughts made me ask myself the question..."why did you start this blog?"
I will admit that I got the idea because of all the amazing fashion blogs that I follow.  
I always get so much inspiration from them and I wanted to document my new found creativity.
What I didn't want to do was add pressure to myself to look as cute as these fabulous bloggers...all. the. time.
So this is the conclusion that I came to...

I started this blog...
...to document my outfits and encourage myself to get more creative with my warerobe.
...to remix the clothes that I have more and focus less on clothes that I "don't" have.
...to encourage myself to bake (and cook) more and share those recipes with others.
...to be a positive and inspiring source for others.

So as I continue to "aspire chic" in my life...I remind myself...
"She (a wife of noble character) is clothed with strength and dignity..." 
Proverbs 31:25a

And honestly...that's what is most important to me...being a wife of noble character.

1 comment:

  1. Last time I looked at your blog (only last week I think), you had 2 posts. Now you have like a million! :)
    I really like that you're not trying to look like or create outfits like other fashion bloggers; I love that you're focusing on being creative with what you already have.
    And your scripture from Proverbs...always a great reminder about where true beauty comes from.
    Love you Rach!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete