Monday, January 30, 2012

Fashion Inspiration: Black Skinnies


tank: J.Crew, cardigan: Loft, scarf: Target, pants: Banana Republic, watch: New York & Company

Black skinnies have been on my "want" list for a looong time.
However, when I went to buy some it seemed like EVERY store was out of my size.
So you can imagine my excitement when Banana Republic was having an online sale.
I purchased this pair in a heart beat.  (and I'm not a big online shopper)
I was a little nervous about which size to get...but I have some Banana Republic dress pants, so I used them as a guide.
Wrong.  Try again.  They are TOO big.  :(
I guess I was too excited the first time I wore them and I talked myself into thinking they fit fine.
 And now it is too late.  I've washed them.
I'm a bit frustrated...but I have a plan.
I'm going to dry them.  I NEVER dry any denim material, but I think it's my only hope.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
(Before I take the plunge...do you have any suggestions?)


Inspiration for this outfit came from my good friend, Pinterest.
I'm a visual person, so seeing outfit and color combinations really gets my creative juices flowing.
Or in this case (well...most cases) helps me pretty much copy an outfit with the clothes in my closet.

{inspiration picture from Pinterest here}

No comments:

Post a Comment