Friday, March 23, 2012

High Five for Friday!

My apologies for the lack of posts this week.
I had a wonderful week....I just didn't really feel like taking pictures.
But...I'm back and ready to rock!

Here are my 5 favorite things from this week...


1. Bluebonnets!
Spring is in full swing here in Texas and there is a plethora of wildflowers to prove it.
Bluebonnets are Texas' most popular wildflower.
They are beautiful and a great way to welcome spring.


2. New Girl
This show is HILARIOUS!  Seriously...HILARIOUS!
If you need a good laugh, I highly recommend watching this show.
It makes me laugh every time.  It also makes Jason laugh.
(and when I say it makes Jason laugh...I mean it makes Jason laugh so hard he starts to cry...now that is a good laugh)
{photo from IMDb}


3. Galations 1:10
My friend told me about this verse on Monday and I think I've read it 25 times since then.
It has really  helped me focus on the "big picture" this week and forget about the "little" stressors.
{image source}


4. "Your Great Name" - Natalie Grant
I first heard this song over at Greater Than Rubies in this post.
Almost immediately after listening to it...I purchased it on iTunes.
Caitlin describes it as a powerful song and I would have to agree.
I enjoy "jamming out" to this song.
{Do people even say that anymore? "Jamming out?" Well, I do...so there you have it."}


5. Cupcakes!
I have been wanting to make these cupcakes for over a year.
FINALLY, it happened this week.
I'm going to go ahead and call them "man cupcakes."
Actually, they are called Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes...but they have a lot of "manly" ingredients.
You know...like beer and whisky...manly things.
{You can find the recipe here.}
Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes
{recipe}



I'm linking up with From My Grey Desk.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Well, maybe people don't say 'jamming out' anymore, but that is exactly what i do when that song plays. As long as no one else is around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE New GIrl...and cupcakes. Good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much have no baking skills, but may need to give those irish car bomb cupcakes a try! :)

    ReplyDelete