Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fashion Inspiration: Ruffles



tee: J.Crew Outlet, tank: Gap, skirt: Banana Republic, belt: J.Crew Outlet
necklace: Forever 21, boots: Old Navy, watch: NY&Company, bracelet: gift (vintage)

This skirt brought me a lot of attention today.
"Love your skirt!" 
"Oh, cute skirt!"
"Where is your skirt from?"
"Wow! That skirt is...ummm."
(Can you guess which comment came from a male co-worker?)

I bought this skirt on sale after Christmas.
I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it.
Oh and once I tried it on...sold!
I was trying to stick to my shopping budget and the price was a bit high.
(Granted it was on sale and a much better price than the original...but still a bit steep for me.)
My sister was trying to be a good sister and talk me out of buying it, so I could nurse my budget for a few more items.
She was afraid that it would be a "one hit wonder" and I would rarely wear it.
Then I told her my vision for this skirt...
Needless to say, she was sold as well.

I love that it is so unique.
It has ruffles.
Texture.
It is fancy, yet can be mixed with causal pieces.
Oh and wait until you see it paired with my chambray shirt.  
Needless to say, this skirt is one of my favorite purchases of 2012.

2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! Love the boots too!

    Mandy
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great skirt and I love those boots. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete