Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fashion Inspiration: Green



sweater: Old Navy, shirt: J.Crew Factory, jeans: American Eagle, shoes: Target
necklace: Target, watch: Michael Kors, pearl ring (right hand): James Avery

I decided to try my hand at some pattern mixing today.
I've been working up the courage to try it for a while.
Now don't be too shocked by my first attempt.
Calling it subtle is an understatement...but it is a step in the right direction.
I would call this outfit a roaring success!
The green pinstripes in the shirt are very subtle, so they don't compete too much with the wider stripes in the sweater.
Also, both the sweater and the shirt share a similar color...green.

Speaking of green...St. Patrick's Day is coming up on Saturday.
So you might want to start thinking of a super, cute green outfit in your closet.
{or your sister's closet...whatever works}
I may or may not be planning to wear one of today's green shirts on Saturday.
However, now that I think about it my sister has some green sandals that are just darling.
Do you think she will notice if I borrow them?

If you need some more ideas...you can see how other bloggers wore green here...
Green: Everybody, Everywear

8 comments:

  1. Really love the sweater! And great job at mixing the prints. I need to be better at trying that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern mixing! I love your outfit :-)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha... I'm going to see my sister tomorrow, maybe I should snoop in her closet a bit :) I really like this comfy look. And that beautiful necklace brings it all together and makes it look polished and put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your preppy take on the green look! you look great, i love the addition of the necklace! you look so put-together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. now THIS is my kind of outfit. I love the subtle pattern mixing, and everything fits perfectly! Gorgeous/casual/perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seeing my sister on Saturday in Boston and I have to steal back a green blouse of mine she is trying to claim as hers!
    -hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your attempt at pattern mixing is great. The pinstripes are so subtle that I barely even noticed them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable- you are so cute and your pretty smile really stands out!

    ReplyDelete