Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fashion Inspiration: Feeling Pretty


dress: Forever 21, cardigan: Loft, necklace: Hannah D's

It is amazing to me...how dressing nice can affect your whole day.
Feeling pretty can really brighten your mood.

Sometimes I get lazy (and sleepy) and push the snooze button one too many times.
This normally results in rushing to get ready and leaving the house looking less than my best.

Earlier this week, we had special dinner plans that I was VERY excited about.
(I felt like a little kid...I was so giddy.)
So...I made sure that I put a little more effort into my outfit for work, so I wouldn't have to change before dinner.
That outfit made my day!  
{well, that and the anticipation of the evening's events}
I felt like I was on cloud 9 all day.  It was glorious!

Now...the next day, I hit the snooze button one too many times and just threw something on quickly.
That day was a little more difficult.  I felt tired, aggravated, and blah.

I was reminded that I need to consistently put in the extra effort in the morning, so that I can reap the benefits all day.

2 comments:

  1. Love this dress. I can't believe it's Forever XXI! Also, I hear you on the way you dress can affect the day ahead. My hair is a factor too. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute dress Rach! And I love your attitude about putting more effort in the morning. I definitely need to adopt that attitude too! How I feel has a lot to do with my hair too, but I need to get up earlier so I can style my hair, dress cute, and still be to work on time!

    ReplyDelete